Hotel Occupancy Tax (HOT) Grant
HOT Grant Application Period Open Through Oct. 2
Organizations that help bring tourism and visitors to Rosenberg can now apply for a Hotel Occupancy Tax (HOT) Fund reimbursement grant for 2023-2024!
Completed applications must be postmarked, emailed or delivered by hand to the Communications Department at the Rosenberg Development Corporation Building located at 3829 Highway 36 S, Rosenberg, TX 77471, by Monday, October 2, 2023, at 5:30 p.m.
The HOT Funds Evaluation committee will review applications and submit funding recommendations to City Council in October. City Council will then consider approval of the HOT grant reimbursement agreements for the projects that the HOT Evaluation Committee recommended.
Events or activities are eligible to apply for the HOT fund grant if the applicant’s planned use of funds falls within at least one of the following criteria:
- Constructing, improving, enlarging, equipping, repairing, operating and maintaining a convention center or visitor information center.
- Paying the administrative costs for facilitation of convention registration.
- Advertising and conducting promotional programs to attract tourists and convention delegates or registrants.
- Encouragement, promotion, improvement and application of the arts.
- Funding historical restoration or preservation programs.
- Funding certain expenses, including promotional expenses, directly related to a sporting event within counties with a population of under 1 million.
- Funding the enhancement and upgrading of existing sports facilities or sports fields for certain municipalities if the municipality owns the facilities or fields or meets a certain population requirement.
- Signage directing the public to sights and attractions that are visited frequently by hotel guests in the municipality.