2024 General Election
The next General Election for the City of Rosenberg will be Saturday, May 4, 2024. Filing for place on the ballot is set by state statute and will run from January 17, 2024 to February 16, 2024.
Filing Method of Candidate Application
A candidate application may be filled in person, by mail, by fax, or by email. The candidate application (English and Spanish) can be downloaded and printed via the Texas Secretary of State's website: Application For A Place on the Ballot For a General Election
- Filing in Person: City Secretary's Office, City Hall, 2110 4th Street, Rosenberg, TX 77471
- Filling by Mail: An application submitted by mail is considered to be filed at the time of its receipt by the appropriate filing authority. (Sections 143.007(b); 144.005(b)) Please be advised that an application must be notarized prior to filing via mail. The mailing address is City Hall, Attn: City Secretary, 2110 4th Street, Rosenberg, TX 77471.
- Filing by Fax or Email: A signed, sworn, scanned candidate application (and petition, if applicable) may be submitted by fax or email. Please be advised that an application must be notarized prior to filing via fax or email.
- Fax: 832-595-3333 (Attn: City Secretary)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The first day to apply for a ballot by mail using Application for a Ballot by Mail (ABBM) or Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) is January 1, 2024. The last day to apply for ABBM (received, not postmarked) is April 25, 2024. For more information, please visit the Texas Secretary of State's website.
Filing requirements are per state statute, available at Texas Secretary of State - Running for a Local Office, and those of the City of Rosenberg Charter, Article III.
Positions on the ballot for the May 4, 2024 election are:
- Councilor At Large-Position 1
- Councilor At Large-Position 2
- Councilor, District 1
- Councilor, District 2
- Councilor, District 3
- Councilor, District 4
These positions will serve a two-year term.
Elections in the City of Rosenberg are conducted in accordance with the Texas Election Code and the City Charter. For more information, contact the City Secretary’s Office at 832-595-3340 or by email at email@example.com.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND ELECTION RESOURCES: