Volunteer Houston Volunteer Reception Center (VRC)
An online Virtual Volunteer Reception Center (VRC) has been activated on the Volunteer Houston website for those interested in providing assistance to the Greater Houston Region flood relief efforts.
To sign-up as a new nonprofit agency requesting assistance from volunteers, please visit Volunteer Houston.
The Disaster Response Module videos outline the process to post volunteer opportunities on the Volunteer Houston website and it provides a response system. This system allows for direct communication between the nonprofit agency and volunteers interested in assisting.
For more details about navigating the online system used by Volunteer Houston, please watch the short videos to learn how the Disaster Response Module can help nonprofit agency managers.
- How to post a DRM need in Get Connected
- How to view your volunteer list
After successfully creating an account, if an agency is still experiencing difficulties, please send an email to the email addresses and answer the following questions:
- How many volunteers do you need?
- What, if any, specific skills are you looking for? (If none, please answer "N/A")?
- VH does not offer integrated background checks. Would you still like volunteers sent to you without a background check?
- When do volunteers need to start?
- How many days will volunteers be needed?
- How many hours per day?
- Are there specific shifts? (If none, then please answer "N/A")
Agency Background Check Registration
Galaxy Digital's Get Connected Platform and Verified Volunteers integration means you can access a single platform to recruit, screen, and onboard volunteers!
This platform allows you to:
- Attract volunteers with the right skills and attributes for your organization.
- Onboard people you can trust.
- Communicate with prospective and current volunteers throughout the entire onboarding process and beyond, keeping them engaged, satisfied, and active with your organization.
- Manage your volunteer program more easily, and report more accurately.
- Encourage a culture of volunteerism when your volunteers spend their time with other volunteer programs in the community.
- Save time, money, and the hassle of working with multiple systems.