Returns for the general election will be officially canvassed on Tuesday, November 10, 2020.
In accordance with the order of the Office of the Governor issued March 16, 2020, Executive Order GA-23 issued May 18, 2020, as well as the 30-day extension issued June 11, 2020, and further extensions which may follow, the City Council of the City of Rosenberg MAY conduct the Council meetings scheduled on Tuesday, November 10, 2020 and Tuesday, November 17, 2020, at 6:30 pm respectively, by telephone-video conference in order to advance the public health goal of "social distancing" to slow the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Such determination has not yet been made. Please consult the City's notices of Regular City Council Meeting which will be posted no later than 5 pm on Friday, November 6, 2020 and Friday, November 13, 2020, for more details.
Voting by Mail
Applications must be received in the Fort Bend Elections Office not later than the 11th day before an election (October 23, 2020). Applications must be submitted by mailed, common carrier, or in person. You may submit an application electronically that will serve as a placeholder for four business days until the original application is received in the mail; however, there is no reason to do so unless you are within a few days of the application deadline. For more information, please visit the Fort Bend County Elections/Voter Registration website.
On July 27, 2020, the Governor of Texas issued a Proclamation (PDF) extending the early voting period from October 13th to October 30th, and allowing voters to deliver a marked mail ballot in person prior to election day.
2020 Voting Guidelines Related to COVID-19
On May 27, 2020, the Texas Secretary of State's Office issued guidelines to voters and entities holding elections concerning polling places and voting conduct during upcoming elections. View the 2020 Voting Guidelines Related to COVID-19 (PDF). This was updated on June 18, 2020. View these additional guidelines (PDF).
March 19, 2020 Update
Governor Abbott has issued additional information concerning the May 2nd general election. The Governor's proclamation (PDF) offers political subdivisions the opportunity to move their May 2 election to the next uniform election date, which is November 3, 2020.
At the March 24, 2020 Special Meeting, City Council approved the postponement of the May 2nd election. The next General and Special Elections will be on Tuesday, November 3, 2020, at Rosenberg City Hall Council Chambers, located at:
2110 4th Street
Rosenberg, TX 77471
By postponing the election date, the City is preserving all candidate filings and ballot order actions that have already taken place. This postponement does not have the effect of reopening candidate filings. Items on the Special Election will carry over to the November 3, 2020 election date.
Impact on Councilpersons
The Secretary of State Election Advisory Number 2020-12 (PDF) addressed the Councilpersons not seeking re-election, noting that
[u]nder Art. XVI, Sec. 17 of the Texas Constitution, the individuals who currently hold public offices that are scheduled to be on the ballot on the May uniform election date will continue to exercise the duties of those offices until the new officers take their oaths of office, following the November uniform election date.
October 5th was the last day citizens could register to vote in the November election. Please see the Fort Bend County Election website for information on voter registration.
Positions on the ballot for the November 3, 2020 election are:
- Councilor, District 1
- Councilor, District 2
- Councilor, District 3
- Councilor, District 4
View the election district maps on this page.
Sample Ballots by precinct are now available.
- 10-13 to 30-2020 Early Voting Locations (PDF)
- 11-3-2020 Election Day Polling Locations (PDF)
- Candidates (PDF)
- Notice of General Election - English (PDF)
- Notice of General Election - Spanish (PDF)
- Notice of Special Election - English (PDF)
- Notice of Special Election - Spanish (PDF)
- Notice of Voting Order Priority (PDF)
- Ordinance 2020-26 Amending Ordinance 2020-03 - Calling General Election (English) (PDF)
- Ordinance 2020-26 Amending Ordinance 2020-03 - Calling General Election (Spanish) (PDF)
- Ordinance 2020-27 Amending Ordinance 2020-04 - Calling Special Election (English) (PDF)
- Ordinance 2020-27 Amending Ordinance 2020-04 - Calling Special Election (Spanish) (PDF)
- Proposed Charter Amendments (PDF)
- Public Notice - 05-2nd Election Postponement (PDF)
- Resolution Authorizing Postponement of 05-2-2020 Election (PDF)
- Texas Ethics Commission Campaign Finance Reports Notice (filing during COVID-19 pandemic) (PDF)
- Texas Secretary of State Election Advisory Number 2020-12 (PDF)
- Texas Secretary of State Election Advisory Number 2020-24 (PDF)
- Updated Notice of Deadline to File Application for Place on Ballot (PDF)