2020 General & Special Election
The May 2, 2020 General and Special Elections have been postponed.
At the March 24, 2020 Special Meeting, City Council approved the postponement of the May 2nd election. The election will now be on the November 3, 2020 uniform election date. There is no filing fee to submit an Application for Place on the Ballot.
The next General and Special Elections will be on Saturday, May 2, 2020, at Rosenberg City Hall Council Chambers, located at:
2110 4th Street
Rosenberg, TX 77471
Filing for a place on the ballot is set by state statute and will run from January 15, 2020 to February 14, 2020. Find additional election-related dates and information at Texas Secretary of State - Candidate Information (posted in accordance with Texas Legislation H.B. 305, effective September 1, 2019).
Filing requirements are per state statute, available at Texas Secretary of State - Running for a Local Office, and those of the City of Rosenberg Charter, Article III.
Positions on the ballot for the May 2020 election are:
- Councilor, District 1
- Councilor, District 2
- Councilor, District 3
- Councilor, District 4
See the election district maps on this page.
Voter registration is handled by Fort Bend County.
- Important 2021 Election Dates
- Notice of Voting Priority (Form AW7-7b)
- 05-02-2020 General Election - Candidate Information Packet (PDF)
- 11-22-2019 Notice of Deadline to File Application for Place on Ballot (PDF)
- Application for a Place on the 05-02-2020 General Election Ballot (PDF)
- Early Voting Locations (PDF)
- Election Day Polling Locations (PDF)
- H.B. 305 Notice (PDF)
- Notice of Drawing for Place on 05-02-2020 Ballot (PDF)
- Notice of General Election - English (PDF)
- Notice of General Election - Spanish (PDF)
- Notice of Special Election - English (PDF)
- Notice of Special Election - Spanish (PDF)
- Notice of Voting Order Priority (PDF)
- Ordinance 2020-03 Calling 2020 General Election (English) (PDF)
- Ordinance 2020-03 Calling 2020 General Election (Spanish) (PDF)
- Ordinance 2020-04 Calling 2020 Special Election (English) (PDF)
- Ordinance 2020-04 Calling 2020 Special Election (Spanish) (PDF)
- Proposed Charter Amendments (PDF)