The Criminal Investigative Division is a division that works aggressively behind the scenes with the other divisions within the department to investigate a wide spectrum in crimes and incidents that occur in the City of Rosenberg. The Criminal Investigation Division is comprised of fourteen Detectives, two Sergeants and one Lieutenant.
Additional Detectives are assigned to the Crime Scene Investigation Unit, Fort Bend County Narcotics Task Force, and the Drug Enforcement Administration Narcotics Task Force.
- Detectives are assigned to specific units such as person crimes, property crimes and special crimes
- Detectives are tasked with the responsibility of thoroughly investigating all criminal incidents requiring follow-up investigations reported to the agency and identifying criminal trends and patterns to reduce the criminal activities within the City.
- Detectives identify, arrest, and present offenders to the judicial system.
- Detectives in this division are assigned cases based on the nature of the crimes.
- Detectives work cooperatively with Citizens, Officers, Investigators from other divisions and other local, state and federal agencies
- Accidental Deaths
- Aggravated Assaults
- Attempted Murder
- Child Abuse & Neglect
- Crimes Against Children
- Domestic Violence
- Elder Abuse
- Internet Crimes Against Children
- Juvenile Crimes
- Missing Persons
- Sex Offender Compliance
- Sexual Offenses
Within the Criminal Investigation Division there are several specialized units. Those units are the following:
- Crime Analyst
- Crime Scene Investigator
- Drug Enforcement Administration Narcotics Task Force
- Highway Interdiction
- Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force (Houston Metro ICAC)
- Narcotics Investigations (Fort Bend County Narcotics Task Force)
- Victim Assistance